Friday, May 6, 2011

end hiatus???

Obviously, I have taken some a lot of time off from blogging. I could say "it's been busy" but really, I just haven't had a whole heck of a lot to write about. Of course, things have been busy: we replanted a major flower bed in our backyard (one that had been neglected for about 15 years), we switched to cloth diapering, we remodeled yet another part of or first floor, we stopped napping (well, Anders did), and we became thoroughly overwhelmed with life.

There's a lot to be said for support, and S and I have learned a whole new way of supporting each other over the past 2 years. We made some major life changes: getting married, a major cross-country move, and welcoming Anders into our lives; and because of all of this, we have learned how to lean on each other. While we no longer face the every-day challenges of figuring out how to get around our new geographical location, we still face the challenge of coming to terms with our distance from family and old friends.

No, this is not meant to be a "oh poor me" post, but it's more of a "huh, I thought we would be in a different state of mind by now" post. Simply put, we both thought that after a year things would feel less isolating.

But, on a lighter note, I'm hoping to renew this blog. There has been a ton of changes over the past few months, and as we draw in on Anders FIRST BIRTHDAY (what????) I'm thinking it's time to put on my writers cap and start documenting/sharing our lives with the e-world. Plus, I totally feel like I need a blog do-over...I need to revamp the look of this sucker...

And in closing, here's a picture of Anders at about 10 months, munching away on his sweet potato bites that he loves!

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Hey Meghan. Glad you are going to be back to blogging, I have missed your updates! I am sorry it is still hard being so far away, I cannot even imagine what that would be like and I give you guys so much credit for moving out and there and really trying to make the best of it. I am sure it is isn't easy because I know you are so close with your family.

On another note, I cannot believe Ander's will be 1 so soon, wow does the time fly by!

Please keep updating your blog when you can, I love reading it. :)