Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Do I Miss Being Pregnant???

Absolutely not! Granted, I had a great and very easy pregnancy (aside from Wee Man's karate kicks that lasted from 30 weeks-delivery in my right ribcage, the insane heart burn and the 4 weeks of contractions at the end) however, there is very little I miss about being pregnant.

Last night I discovered the ONE thing I miss. Ice Cream. I hadn't truly eaten ice cream since I was 12 since the heavy cream would make me sick. Occasionally I would break down and get a scoop or two of Ben & Jerry's (typically after copious amounts of gin and vodka) and I would be so sick after.

Enter week 16 of pregnancy. S & I were down at his parent's home in Florida and I got an awful craving for peach ice cream. So, tums in hand, we headed out to buy some peach ice cream from the local shop. And, I didn't get sick! I ate the whole 3 scoops and survived!

Thus began the obsession with eating as much ice crea as I possibly could. While in Florida we all took a late night run to Cold Stone and back in Vermont I was able to down copious amounts of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked and One Sweet Whirled. Once we moved to Nebraska I sadly discovered that there was a Cold Stone all of 5 miles from our home.

And now that I'm not pregnant I can no longer stomach ice cream. Thank you B&J's cookie dough for reminding me last night.

Dislike.

No comments: