Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Favorite Baby Things

It's been just over 3 weeks (how time flies when you're not sleeping!) and here are our favorite baby items thus far:


Moby
Anders loves his Moby. I use it around the house, on walks, and especially when shopping. It's wonderfully helpful when you need to pick up groceries and need to have your cart carseat free. So far our favorite is the Newborn Hug Hold, especially since Anders is too small for most other wrap styles-he's only 7.5 lbs at 3 weeks! The Moby offers him some up close time with me or S and allows for us to be hands free around the house.

Dr. Brown's Bottles
After 2.5 weeks of trying our hearts out, we have discovered that Anders is not a boob man. This means he's getting both breastmilk and formula (yep, he needs to eat!) from a bottle. We love the Dr. Brown's bottles. which our pediatrician recommended, because they minimize spitup and gas. Yes, they are the Cadillac of the bottle world, and they are so worth the investment!
Gerber Cloth Diapers
While S and I are not daring enough to do cloth diapers, we LOVE Gerber's cloth diapers for our burp cloths.The birdseye weave are our favorite, they are pretty darn absorbent and they are large enough to really protect your clothing.


Fisher Price My Little Lamb Swing
This sucker is like baby crack for Anders. He fights so hard to stay awake and constantly looses the battle. We do about 1 hour/day in the swing and that is a fabulous hour for me! The My Little Lamb Swing moves out like no other and we thought it would be too fast for him, but I guess he loves to rock out at fast paces (perhaps it reminds him of our 4 mile walks when I was pregnant?) Here he is having lost his most recent "I want to stay awake and scream" battle with the Swing, and yes, those are dino toes on his sleeper:


And there you have it! I do love our Boppy too, but A is waking up and it's time to go to Babies R Us.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

That was very helpful, thanks for posting! And I am glad Anders likes his swing, that is the one we picked out!

Meghan said...

Glad to help! It is a wonderful swing!