Friday, July 30, 2010

This Week

This week has been busy, busy, busy! S's mom flew in for a visit to see Anders and give us some much needed family time. Our last family visit included me getting over a nasty post-delivery infection and trying to get breastfeeding down with a non-latch friendly baby, and we barely spent any time with our visitors. This time we got to enjoy the visit, get out of the house a few times and spent most mornings in our pj's!

And I turned 24..... only 6 to 30, AHHHH! And I got a "mommy do" thanks to my MIL who once-upon-a-time was a hairdresser.
Before:

Mind you, that's also 1 week after giving birth....


After:

And I finally have a "normal" non-pudgy face back. And that is one VERY tired S.

And, finally, this week involved the end of our breastfeeding. We tried to go back to nursing (as opposed to our pump and feed which we have been doing since week 1) and my lazy latch baby is still just as lazy. We sit for HOURS and A is still hungry all the time. And the obscene amount of pumping was starting to destroy me, both physically and mentally. Essentially, our day involved me pumping anywhere between 8-10 times/day (which is the only way I can maintain a milk supply) for 20 minutes each time, and then feeding A as much as I could get (which was often only 2 oz total, and no where near enough for a baby craving 5 oz). A & I would spend at least a full hour to pump and eat-Anders is a VERY slow eater, 4 oz takes an average of 45-60 minutes to be consumed from a bottle. So my day was pump, feed, get 1-1.5 hours between, repeat. Not only were we spending 8-10 hours just to feed, but even with every ointment known to man, including prescription ointment, I have demolished my nipples to the point that I was crying in pain at every pump. And finally, after 7 weeks of fighting to feed A breastmilk, we are done. And I am fine with it.

No comments: